Acer Nitro 5 is a very popular laptop for gaming purposes, which is the reason why this laptop is in great demand by consumers. Although the Acer Nitro 5 is not an amazing laptop compared to the more expensive laptops, the Nitro 5 is known as a gaming laptop that is quite cheap and has great power.
Basically, the Acer Nitro 5 laptop only has 8GB of RAM installed. That’s good enough for everyday use, but if you’re trying to play a modern game, it’s not the best experience. Fortunately, you can increase the RAM in the Acer Nitro 5 quite easily, and we’ll tell you how.
The advantage of acer Nitro 5 gaming Laptop is how easy it is to replace or add RAM thanks to the easy access panel at the bottom. If you’re interested in adding a little performance improvement, the entire Acer Nitro 5 RAM upgrade process will only take a few minutes.
Get ready for Acer Nitro 5 RAM Upgrade
The Crucial DDR4 SODIMM RAM we use here is available in 8GB sticks. As long as you don’t exceed 32GB of total RAM (that’s where nitro 5 maxes out and frankly will be redundant compared to other hardware), you should be clean.
It’s never a bad idea to back up your PC before making any upgrades. This may add a few minutes to the total increase time, but you’ll be more than grateful if something goes wrong. You may also want to take a look at one of the best computer toolkits that has everything you need to upgrade.
The first thing you need to do before trying to do any work inside your PC is to make sure it is turned off completely. This may seem obvious to some, but you don’t want to risk touching the electrical components while you’re walking. You can easily damage your PC or even hurt yourself. Also, unplug the laptop from the power adapter.
Another thing you may want to do is ground yourself to avoid electrical discharge from damage to your components. You can touch the metal structure before you start breaking away, but wearing an antistatic bracelet is also a good idea if you want to be extra careful. Also, avoid working on rugs or other fabrics, and keep pets away from the work environment.
In terms of tools, you only need a Philips screwdriver and a spudger to help disassemble the base. And of course, the RAM stick you want to use. You need a SODIMM RAM stick that matches the speed already in your Nitro 5. It’s always best to check what’s inside your model before making a purchase, but Crucial offers models that are certified for compatibility with some Nitro 5 models.
Before you start, make sure you don’t work in a static environment. If you’re really worried, consider investing in an anti-static bracelet. Also, make sure your Nitro 5 is turned off. Once you are ready in a non-static place and with the tools available, we can start the process.
Find a small ventilated access panel at the bottom of your Acer Nitro 5.
Unscrew a single fastener screw with Phillips’ head screwdriver
Gouge the panel with a finger or lever. You will now see one RAM bar with an empty slot on it.
Align the notch in the new RAM stick with the indentation in the RAM slot on the laptop. Due to the SODIMM design, it will slide in only one way.
Push the RAM stick at a 45-degree angle until the pin is gone (or almost gone).
Press down on the RAM stick so that it clicks in place. Small metal holders on both sides should hold the stick in place when properly inserted.
Press the access panel back into place, making sure all the small teeth are inserted correctly. You will hear a few clicks before it is installed properly.
Install the fastener using a Phillips-head screwdriver.
You can now turn on your Nitro 5 and verify that the RAM you installed is recognized by the system.
For current Nitro 5 models (late 2019 or later)
If you have the newer Acer Nitro 5, there’s no easy access door for components like RAM like it used to be. That means you have to remove the entire bottom cover to increase the RAM, but on the contrary, it’s not a complicated process. Close the laptop cover and turn it over to start.
- Remove all screws from the bottom of the base using a Philips screwdriver. Keep the screws where you will not lose them.
- Use a spudger to pry the base, starting from an angle near the fan exhaust vent. You may need to apply some force to remove the base, but be careful not to damage the plastic cover.
- The RAM slot will soon be visible on the right side of the motherboard, assuming the fan is in the upper left corner. You should have a free slot, which you can use to add more RAM.
- If you want to replace the RAM stick that is already inside your laptop, gently press the small gray fence on the side of the stick to the outside to release the RAM stick. Then pull it out.
- Align the RAM stick with a wide gray cover, making sure the notch on the RAM stick is parallel to a small, pinless area under the gray cover. Gently slide the pin on your RAM stick under the gray cover at a 45-degree angle until the pin is hidden.
- Gently push the RAM stick down until you hear a click.
- Align the bottom cover with the screw hole on the motherboard and press it into place.
- Install all screws. Be careful not to tighten it so as not to damage the motherboard or bottom cover.
For older models Nitro 5
Older nitro 5 models have an easy access update panel that doesn’t require you to remove the entire bottom cover. This makes the upgrade process a little easier. Turn the laptop over to see the base with the exhaust vents at the top and follow these steps:
- Find a panel that has ventilation on the right side of the base and remove the only screw that closes it.
- Use your finger or prying tool to lift the panel from the angle where the screw is located.
- You will see a memory stick is already inserted, and an empty slot on it.
- Take your RAM stick and align the pin on it with the pin under the gray cover. There is an indentation on the RAM stick that should be parallel to the ridge under the gray cover. Carefully slide the pins into the slot until hidden.
- Press slowly until you hear the click of locking the stick in place.
- Place the cover back on top of the RAM rod that lines the screw hole with the one on the laptop. Put the lid back on, but be careful not to get too tight. Excessive pressure can cause the motherboard to be more easily damaged.
That’s all you need to do to increase the RAM on the Acer Nitro 5. This is a fairly easy process, as long as you are careful and get the right RAM. If you want to be absolutely sure of getting the right RAM, open the laptop to see what’s already in it before buying anything. And of course, always make sure you are connected to the ground to avoid electrical discharges.
If you want to buy a gaming laptop that is easy to upgrade, the Acer Nitro 5 is the right choice, as the RAM slot is quite easy to reach. You can buy the latest models from the link below. There are also other options from Acer if you are looking for more premium offers.
To buy ram, you can see in the link below: